In case you missed it, here’s a summary of our Teads x StackAdapt Native Outstream Video Webinar:
What is Outstream Video?
- Outstream advertising solutions place video ads between paragraphs of editorial content.
- When the user scrolls down, a video ad within the heart of editorial content will play when 100% in view.
- Because outstream video advertising lives within premium editorial articles, outstream dramatically increases the available premium video ad inventory in the market.
Why Use Native Outstream Video For Your Next Programmatic Campaign?
1. The Future is Native
The average consumer sees 5,000 advertisements a day. As Deloitte’s Director of Research, Duncan Stewart, pointed out when he visited StackAdapt headquarters, consumers are quickly becoming “Adlergic”. That’s why it is integral to respect user experience by providing choice to consumers. Opt-in advertisements like native outstream not only maintain this respect, they are a better gauge of customer intent than other ad formats.
2. Premium Scale
Only 6% of online video inventory is considered premium, therefore it is integral that advertisers utilize the abundance of premium publishers across the web to ensure their videos are seen by relevant audiences.
Outstream provides the opportunity to leverage professionally produced text content, a whopping 100x more available than professionally produced video content. Essentially, Outstream creates unprecedented levels of premium inventory which did not exist before.
A few stats on premium editorial content:
- Video ads within premium editorial performed better than 8 out of 10 online ads tested when measured by detailed memory encoding, a key metric for ad impact.
- Content and video advertising have separate NeuroStates that, when aligned, drive higher effectiveness.
- Peak memory describes the highest level of detail memory (correlated with purchase behaviour) achieved. Teads’ video ads had a 15% higher impact on peak detail memory, which has a validated correlation with purchase intent.
Viewability is a huge concern for video advertisers. There is nothing worse than paying for inventory only to find out that your video has gone unseen by your intended audience. Outstream champions viewability as the ad only starts playing once in view. Due to its premium environment, the user scrolls slower than in social feeds, capturing user attention.
Teads’ Value Proposition
As stated above, premium video inventory is scarce. Teads’ premium promise is three-fold:
1. A user-first solution through an opt-in user experience and quick ad loading times
2. Quality and quantity: Quality inventory at scale
- 70% Comscore 300
- 131 Exclusive Publisher Agreements
- 1006 Websites
- US Reach 180 MM / 171 MM Mobile
3. Trustworthy content and fraud free inventory
- Teads does allow VPAID wrappers, however we recommend no more than 1 on mobile and no more than 2 on desktop.
- With multiple wrappers, the probability of a timeout during the file retrieval process increases
2. Media files
- Teads is slowly deprecating support for flash creatives
- Flash creatives will not deliver in mobile environments and cause the highest amount of delivery issues, along with many other browsers
- MP4 is preferred for best delivery
- It is recommend that any data-based targeting be applied on the DSP side
- Note that more granular targeting will reduce potential scale
Why Buy Teads Through StackAdapt?
Custom Segment Psychographic Targeting
Custom segment (CS) is StackAdapt’s proprietary data management platform. We use intent based targeting to find in-market audiences through natural language processing and machine learning. CS provides a complete feedback loop from creation to delivery to optimization and ensures recency by limiting data to a 7-day period.
Cross-Device Conversion Attribution
The modern device ecosystem is incredibly complex compared to 20+ years ago when cookie technology was first used as an attribution tool:
The average consumer owns 3.64 devices. That means we often use more than one device to browse, research and purchase, most of which are beyond the reach of traditional cookie technology. Then there are apps — over 500 launched each day — also beyond their reach. The challenge lays in accurately tracking conversions across devices.
That’s why at StackAdapt we combat the complex conversion ecosystem by pairing cookie tracking with cross-device tracking based on a user’s Internet connection:
At StackAdapt we ensure optimal cross-device conversion verification by:
- Prioritizing cookie conversion and using IP as a secondary verification
- Limiting the conversion window on corporate IPs to two days
- Limiting the conversion window on cellular IPs to two hours
- Excluding residential IPs if they are shared by more than 5 people
Optimization and Scale
StackAdapt ensures optimization and scale via:
- Viewability optimization through Integral Ad Science at no extra cost
- Video completion optimization
- Cross-format executions. For example, you can reach users who have previously finished your video with supplementary native advertising